In the aftermath of Hurricane Harvey, kids in Houston who have medically complex needs are at much greater risk of illness and infection, and their parents often don’t have access to the specialized medical supplies they need to keep their children healthy.
Little Lobbyists, an advocacy group for children who are medically complex, is coordinating an effort to get the necessary medical supplies to families in the Houston area who need them.
If you want to donate money, you can do so at trachmommas.org, a Louisiana group partnering in this effort.
If you have unused, unopened, unexpired medical supplies to donate:
- If you are in the Washington, D.C. area: Email email@example.com to arrange to drop them off in Silver Spring, MD.
- If you are in Texas: Ship or deliver supplies to The Parker Lee Project, Attn: Harvey Supplies, 1810 South Kaufman St., #204, Ennis, TX 75119
- Drop-off is by appointment only. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a time.
- If you are in North Carolina: Go here for drop-off details.
- If you are somewhere other than these three places: Ship or deliver supplies to Trach Mommas of Louisiana, 11725 Industrialplex Blvd. Suite 3, Baton Rouge, LA 70809
- Drop-off is by appointment only. Call Jessica Michot 225-200-5178 or Angéla Lorio 504-723-7193 or email email@example.com for details.
For other ways to help, visit the Little Lobbyists Harvey Response page at littlelobbyists.org/Harvey.